Thursday 9 February 2012

photographs of test shots





Here I have taken one image and played around with it on Photoshop giving it different effects.
The first one is a kind of cartoon/poster effect I liked this effect because it gives it a different effect from others and stands out more. I feel that the effect only works if you can still see the image through the effect like this one. The effect is different but all my other pictures would have to be linked to this effect for it to work well and fit in with my genre which is indie style.
The second effect is a black and white stamp effect I like this because it’s different and it also has no colour it makes the picture stand out more but it wouldn’t go with my indie genre or colour scheme. It also gives it a gloomy look and would be good for a rock type magazine or a low colour scheme, with other images black and white.
The third one has a glow which makes the picture brighter and more clear, its more aesthetically pleasing than the normal picture and would fit in with my genre, next time when i do my magazine i would change some of the photos to this effect as i think it works the best and fits in with my indie genre.


Some other changes i would make are on the double page spread, the black headlines with white writing in them, they look a bit boring and could be made better somehow either by using better fonts etc. This could be done on Photoshop and not take much time but overall would improve the double page spread.The photos i have used are good but the camera i used was not good so i would need to make sure that next time i took pictures i used a higher megapixel camera so that my images are more professional and look a lot better than they do.


I would also consider taking more photographs with a better camera and changing my model, still female but dress her up in a more indie style and also make the colours go a little bit more, i like that fact my model is wearing a hat and i may keep this idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment