Thursday 2 February 2012

Draft Article

DRAFT ARTICLE

Now then Steph is a 19 year old, home grown singer/songwriter from Leicester, She has had to work hard for her rising success, she started by uploading videos of herself onto YouTube and Facebook, just generally getting people to listen to her music, she then went on to performing in the local pubs and small gigs for free so people could recognise her talents. She inspires to be a producer of all her own work. She is an interesting character to talk to and her music is a delight to listen to. She arrived as if from nowhere with her amazing single ‘Era’ supporting the likes of the Jamie T, and XX.
With one single out already called ‘Era’ and in the process of forming another, she has a busy schedule to stick to, as she wants to have her album produced by later on this year. She is hoping to get into gigs and festivals like reading, O2 and even go on tour. She inspires to perform with her favourite artists like Jamie T, The wombats etc.  Due to her intense passion for her music and music in general this sure shows us that there’s still a lot more talent to come from this young star.
Entering the room Steph looks very excited and calm. She pulls her arm out for a hand shake and says hello while in the process. This shows that she has good manners and was a well brought up.
We are going onto ask Steph some questions for her fans to get an insight on her life style and music today.
It’s been a great start for you musically Steph. Straight the way you have reached our 2012 list of artists to catch a quick chat with BURST,  for this month’s issue. So why are things going so well?
Well I’ve been trying my hardest to get noticed and it all has just happened in a click, I’ve been working hard on my new music, and its been a busy few months as I've been working on my album day and night! [Laughs]
Your first single ‘Era’ is becoming quite a hit sensation, what can we expect from you in the future?
I never thought my first real single would get this kind of response, at the minute I’m working on producing my next single, the same style but different, but I’m sure my fans will still love it!
Have you decided if you want to tour to spread your music?
Yes I’ve thought many times about it and I’m looking forward to getting more songs together so that I have an album to advertise.
Where did your interest in music come from?
As a child my mum used to always play lots of old time indie classics from her generation and she used to dance around to them. Then for my 13th birthday she bought me a guitar, something I could put all of my energy into she used to say, [laughs]
what is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you whilst performing?
When I was performing at my local club recently I tripped over my microphone stand and fell into the crowd. It was a total accident but they all cheered and seemed to love it! [Laughs]
If you weren’t a singer/songwriter, what would be your dream job?
I’m really into producing my music at the minute so I would probably want to be a producer for some really famous bands, but if I can’t choose that I think I would be a Lifeguard.
If you could headline one festival which one would it be?
Well I've been going to the Leeds festival since I was little with my mum, and that’s what got me into this sort of music, you know the indie genre. So if I could only choose one, I would choose that one. But I would also like to have the honour to headline a massive festival such as Glastonbury because that would be awesome!
There have been quite a few rumours about yourself and upcoming festivals this summer, can you give us any clues at all to if you’re taking part in any or supporting?
“I’m a new artist so would love to get out there and play as many festivals and gigs as possible! This will help me promote my music and what I do in general fast, and get me noticed. I always dream about Glastonbury and reading though, being up on their stage! And I have had a lot of good feedback from a lot of great artists, and to me this is an achievement in itself! ”
You described walking onto a stage ‘phenomenal’, how do you prepare yourself for the rush?
“Oh, I don’t really have a set routine but I normally just chill out in the back rooms before with friends, and as soon as I get on stage I’m in the zone”
You risked a lot just dropping out of school to become a performer and producer; do you look back and regret this?
“Well I guess it was a massive thing now, but I just really feel that I am good enough to do this and become a great artist and producer. I wouldn’t have dropped out of school it I didn’t think I could make it that would be stupid!”
What’s the best thing about ‘being famous’ if you like?
“haha, I wouldn’t say famous! But I really am pretty partial to free stuff! I get all sorts, as soon as I mention I like that thing or food, I get loads delivered to me on set, it’s wicked!”
What’s the worst thing about ‘being famous’?
Well I get told a lot about me, that even I didn’t know! Haha, I do a lot without even knowing, and apparently my love life is kind of great! But I'm telling you now, it’s really not! Haha “
Do you worry about other artists and the competition between you all?
”There’s nothing to worry about? It’s great to be compared to other artists in the music industry, for someone who's successful it’s such a compliment! It does put pressure on me to be the best and live up to peoples standards yes, but that’s what I'm here to do.”
We would like to thank you Steph for coming in and telling us all about your new career we really do wish you well for the future and hope to see you popping up somewhere soon! The BURST crew.
“I tripped over my microphone stand and fell into the crowd”

No comments:

Post a Comment