Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

 I have hugely developed my skills by using programs like Photoshop, Blogger, Scribd, Prezzi, Blogger, Internet, Microsoft and my computer.
When I started work onto my preliminary task my knowledge of Photoshop and such programs were at a very low standard and I became limited with the effects I could use. I could only just roughly cut out a photograph and add limited effects. These skills have gradually increased towards the end of my preliminary work and throughout my draft work. I can now efficiently use Photoshop and go in to much more depth when creating my media product. I feel that from working on my preliminary it has given me the experience and skills to produce a professional finished music magazine. For example I have the ability to edit photos at a high standard and take them, I also know how to use the blemish tool to correct my photographs and I also have huge reliability on the contrast and brightness tool. I also am much more efficient; getting simple tasks such as editing objects and layers completed quickly. 



My knowledge of magazines in general has widely improved; this was mainly gained through my research and planning stages on my prelim and final. This also occurred when I was analysing my magazine covers in great depth. This was when I was learning about magazines and how they affect the audiences they appeal to and the special features, techniques and conventions that they use to do this.

 I have learned from doing my prelim how things should be layout on the page such as the grid method that is needed to be used when producing a magazine. This all in all will make my magazine aesthetically pleasing to the audience’s eye, and make them want to read my magazine. Although my knowledge for this only grew after my completion on my first draft, this is when I got teacher feedback and was able to spot all these errors like picture positioning etc.


 The preliminary magazine was very brief and the contents page was very poor compared to my final magazine now, it lacked in pages, photographs and did not follow and conventions of a contents pages already out there. There was very little information on the front page, and I didn’t really go into much depth when it came to a DPS, in fact a double page spread was never produced for the prelim. The photographs lacked professionalism and had no real link to the school magazine and headlines.


Prelim
 
From just looking at the front cover, contents and DPS you can see my development from my prelim work towards this final magazine, particularly my understanding of magazines which are already out there and the conventions they use to attract an audience,  as I feel this is the part I have learnt most about.


No comments:

Post a Comment