Tuesday 6 March 2012

Draft screen grabs




As you can see i have used the same outfit for the front page and for the DPS this is because you see this in most music magazines and also because i thought my other photographs were not as strong as my front cover and this helped it along because i used the same costume.


The photo i have used for my front cover i have used flash on my camera and the DPS i have not, you can tell it gives differnt effects which both work well i think, i have slightly edited both photographs changing the hue and highlighted some areas etc. i feel that overall i have a strong front photograph with a good photograph for my DPS.


I used a red 'love' necklace and put it in my models mouth, this shows some quirkyness to my magazine cover and i feel that alot of magzines do a simular thing and that this also fits in with my colour scheme so works really well.

2 comments:

  1. Charlie.

    Mr Smith here, I am not your teacher but I see that you followed my blog so consequently you have to deal with the consequences of that.

    This DPS is OK (amazing image, beautifully crafted BURST font) but it lacks something. Think about a pull quote, greater branding (perhaps use the B from Burst for the Q's, shrink BURST and place it neatly in the corner), Steph's name has to have far more prominence (why is it one font on the cover and a separate one on the DPS?) so replace BURST with STEPH.

    I need a reason to read that article and at the minute there is nothing drawing me in, the pull quote will highlight a key feature and attract an audience (it'll also explain why she is one to watch), you need to include the name of the article's author, the photographer and a brief explanation of the pic.

    Look at the definitions on the right and see how many you have done in your piece.

    Feel free to ignore me if you wish.

    Well done.

    Mr Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Charlie, your work is looking good.
    I like how your colour scheme is consistent. Your model is perfect for your genre and well manipulated.
    I like the gradient effect you have added to your front page which you showed me today,it makes your image of your model stand out more.
    Now just complete your contents and look back at the examples you used as inspiration when creating your ideas for your magazine.
    (Miss Sutton)

    ReplyDelete