Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?
In my media product I feel that I have attracted my audience well.  The main aspect which will attract students who are female is the general genre of my music magazine, indie is a new genre which is ‘in’ at the moments students are into the indie styles and fashion, they will also be interested in the sorts of bands I have mentioned and the types of indie culture in my magazine. The front cover is pretty simple and stands out a lot, I have used a 19 year old model, she is female and well dressed and well presented, she is a new up and coming artist which would attract readers due to them wanting to keep up with the latest trends, as ‘Steph’ is a new artist this would engage readers. This new artist then carry’s onto my double page spread and will then explain a bit about her and then have an question and answer interview which will also make the readers more interested in her and can relate because also, the interview is to do with the artist from when she started, so the audience would find it interesting reading about how someone actually got into the music business in the first place which is a hard thing to do these days, because of the less opportunities students are given.




 I dressed my model Steph into indie clothes which I went out and bought, I also styled her hair quite natural and with a lace bow which is also pretty indie, also I felt that all of this would appeal to my audience and make them want to read my magazine.


 



The image on my double page spread is good big and fills half the page, I then have a panel/banner down the right hand side of my artist ‘Steph’ in different outfits and different shots/poses, I feel that this will attract more readers because I haven’t just thrown any one picture on the page I have incorporated more than one and changed her costume and her pose, and they are also quite clear professional photos. 

My contents page is simple using elements from magazines such as Q, NME and DAZED, I used a simple but effective column strategy, and used bigger fonts for the more important text, with smaller text elsewhere. I have now used blue, cherry red and white all the way through my music magazine so I have incorporated this into my contents page and double page spread. I have gone for a casual look towards the text which again links in my target audience who are students, and the fact they are chilled and calm, so an easy font but effective one works well here. 


I know students are interested in spending their money on clothes and music, I found this out through looking into NME’s student readership page. Most students I know like to live the life and go out to festivals and gigs when they can get the money so for this reason I have dedicated a section for festivals and gigs, so that all students are up to date on the latest biggest music events. I have created a section to win music tickets in my magazine because students at university and college are known for being short of cash due to school fees and living costs this then would give them opportunities to go to great gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment