Friday 20 January 2012

research for magazines

Research

^^^
Here are a few covers I looked at with some shots on the front which I feel look good; this has given me some ideas for the front cover of my magazine.

I also looked at different fonts and it gave me a few idears for good headlines/mastheads ect. i know that my title needs to stand out and be bold but i also know my magazine needs to be colourful but retro and indie.
I have also looked at colour pallets; here are the colour pallets that I have looked at. I feel like they are all good colours but I have chosen a blue, orange and white to give it that retro feel and the indie look.





I feel that I want a different edge to my magazine contents page so would like to do something like this but would change font’s colours and main image etc.
I would also like boxed images this gives the magazine that cleaner cut.






My double page spread would probably be an article on the artist on the front cover and some sort of profile on them, (what they get up to, gigs, specials, etc.)
or I could do something like an article.

On my front cover there will be an ‘up and coming’ new artist, preferably female, with that indie edge, and with styled clothes on to match the colour scheme and about 18 years old.
She would also be quite a close shot but mid, covering most of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment