Wednesday 11 January 2012

Preliminary School Magazine.








My Preliminary school magazine represents a school based magazine as it includes Lutterworth college students. I used school students in my front cover and contents page to create a friendly attraction and for readers/the audience to be intreaged in what their fellow students are doing.

The articles the magazine contains are all addressed to students at the college such as 'Cuts on EMA how will we cope!' they are all relevant to students at present.  They are current issues and interests for this particular age group.
 I looked at magazines that interest me such as, NME and Jenesis and so on, this helped me develop a sense of what I wanted my magazine to look like. Most of the magazines I looked at had a main image that was a mid-shot and had some lighting effect on the front of them or black and white effect with alterations to hue and saturation. I looked for differences in the mast heads and the different types of fonts different magazine company’s used to encourage new readers and existing ones.
 Skills I have learnt while using Photoshop, I have learnt a lot of useful techniques while working on my magazine such as when I have a photograph with a horrible background or one which hasn’t come out very good, I can simply use the magnetic tool which will allow me to carefully cut around the photo and I will then be able to move or set a solid/gradient background behind my photo with it looking good. I have also learnt that I can use hue, saturation, contrast and such to edit my photo efficiently so that it will attract readers when I want people to buy it, this is a really good editing effect.
 I managed my time efficiently when creating my preliminary piece this is a good thing as I think I met the deadline and also everything was finished with time for tweaks. I also found that I had a really good colour scheme, I used black white and orange, I felt like I used them in the right way to enable different features standout such as the mast head.

No comments:

Post a Comment